Serves: 1¼ – ½ cup
Make a big batch of this delicious dressing for a twofold return on your time. First, enjoy a tasty salad and then later in the week use the dressing as a marinade for chicken, pork, fish, shrimp – it tastes great on pretty much any protein you have planned for dinner. Happy cooking!
- 3-4 Oregano, large sprigs, leaves removed from the stems
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ White wine vinegar
- ¾ Olive oil
- Place oregano and shallot in the food processor and pulse until combined. If using a Mason jar mince the oregano and shallot.
- Add the Kosher salt, white wine vinegar and olive oil and pulse until emulsified (or shake until emulsified in a jar).
- Use right away or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did you know?
Oregano became popular in America after soldiers returned from World War Two. Soldiers who had served in Italy got their first taste of oregano sampling pizzas. Once the war was over, Italian food went from being a niche cuisine found only in Italian neighborhoods to becoming an integral part of the American diet.
Kate Walker Wagner is a food writer, cooking instructor and personal chef. She’s a mom to two boys, ages 14 and 11, and an 8-year-old daughter. With her fiancé, she shares a blended family of eight children, ages 8 to 22, so she knows firsthand how busy dinnertime can be. Visit her website whatskatecooking.com for healthy and delicious recipes and follow her on Facebook: facebook.com/whatskatewagnercooking for daily dinner inspiration.