Date(s) - Saturday, September 22, 2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Port Discovery Children's Museum
On Saturday, join us for a day filled with spud-tacular activities for all ages. Join in an interactive theatrical program, Where in the World is MR. POTATO HEAD, and help figure out where our favorite spud-venturer has gone by decoding strange messages, dancing, singing and tons of audience interaction. Go on an archaeological dig by studying sand-filled tumblers and discovering the treasures within, build a digital clock that runs on real potato power in MR. POTATO HEAD Clocks and create images, designs and patters to create a mosaic of some of the creatures you found during your Spud-Ventures with MR. POTATO HEAD. That’s not all – you can also use your scientific and archaeological skills to uncover Ancient Egyptian facts during an interactive tour and program, Adventure Expedition’s Archaeologist of the Future, plus put your senses to work in the “Did You Feel That” STEM Station and sensory-friendly Potato Flake Garden Bed activity.
Explore areas including:
• WELCOME! – The fun begins with an awe-inspiring collection of MR. POTATO HEAD parts and accessories as well as an anthology to depict the character’s wild adventures.
• SPACE S.P.U.D. (Space Potatoes United for Discovery) –Join Commander MR. POTATO HEAD aboard the S.P.U.D. space station and learn about repair and maintenance to the station.
• QUEST – Go on an archeological dig in search of the statue of King Tato, where you’ll decipher “tatoglyphs” and solve mazes to find the statue’s secret caché.
• SPUD OVERBOARD – Go on an underwater adventure and build fanciful reefs, meet a friendly octopus and wise clam, and enjoy simulated snorkeling adventures.
• SPUD SAFARI –Roam jungles with MR. POTATO HEAD, and enjoy a pretend mudslide or venture inside a cave in search of mysterious objects.
Admission is free with museum entry, which is $15.95 for individuals two and up. Members and children younger than two are admitted for free.