Date(s) - Saturday, January 26, 2019
Baltimore Convention Center
Whether a novice boater or experienced captain, fishing pro or young angler, there’s no better place to prepare for summer than at the 2019 Progressive® Insurance Baltimore Boat Show, at the Baltimore Convention Center January 24 – 27.
The show is packed with more than 300 new boats to board and buy, from fishing boats, pontoons and watersport boats to luxury vessels, plus hundreds of outdoor gear options and marine accessories.
Here are this years can’t miss features and events:
1. NEW this year, the Virtual Fishing Simulator is as “reel” as it gets without getting your line wet. Will you land your trophy fish? Or just tell the tale of the one that got away?
2. The simulator will be where the action is on Go Fishing Friday, the second day of the show, featuring a fish fry, Discover Fishing seminars and contest to see who can snag the biggest virtual fish! Grand prize is a fishing charter for 6 people donated by Spring Mix 2.
3. More of a crab enthusiast? Visitors can pick victory from the claws of defeat and win great prizes at the 9th Annual Crab Pickin’ contest sponsored by Conrad’s Seafood Restaurant and 100.7 The Bay.
4. If you feel the need for speed, Oculus Rift virtual reality boat racing returns for its second year in the Progressive Boat Club offering such an immersive experience, you’ll swear you can feel the ocean breeze.
5. But the fastest boat of the show won’t be virtual! The Miss GEICO racing boat will be on display, a 50’ Victory catamaran with 3,300 horsepower and speeds of 200+ mph! Miss GEICO has captured 10 world titles.
6. Climb aboard the Queen of the Show – the stunning 38’ Tiara Sport 38LS – the reinterpretation of luxury sport yachting.
7. As always, visitors can hone their skills or get started in the boating lifestyle at seminars on everything from maintaining outboards to cruising the intercoastal waterway.
8. Younger visitors can seek hidden treasure in hulls, cabins and consoles at the Touch-A-Boat Tour scavenger hunt, plus engineer their own vessel to take home at the Build-A-Boat station.