Date(s) - Saturday, January 26, 2019
Port Discovery Children's Museum
Admission is free for members and children under two. Visitors enter for $5 per person.
Design and make a mini-robot, build with giant life-sized building blocks, launch rockets towards the moon, create your own theatrical play and more in The Construction Zone in the Atrium at Port Discovery sponsored by M&T Bank!
• Design! Can a robot make real art? Find out when you design and build a mini-robot in the Prototype & Play area. Be an architect as you draft and draw plans for a new playground, building, and more with spirographs and lightboxes. Build and draw at building and art stations.
• Build! It’s a box…it’s a plane…it’s a castle! When you add imagination to giant, life-sized blocks, there’s no limit to what you can create. As you build, dress up using hats, goggles, puppets, and more – and work together to create a scene straight out of your dreams.
• Launch! 3…2…1…Blastoff! Launch a rocket towards a mini-moon and explore how physics helps things fly (and land). Plus, learn about space in a hands-on Sun, Earth, Universe mini-exhibit.
• Act! Take 10! Dress up, dance, sing, act – and take center stage in the Black Box Theater! Plus enjoy interactive theater performances including puppets, silly scientists, singers, dancers and other family-friendly performers.
• Be a kid! Jump around and play games in our Game Zone. Crawl and toddle around The Oasis. Enjoy drop-in performances and programs that are playful and educational.
The Construction Zone will be open Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday. Admission will be $5 per person for general admission visitors. Members and children under two will enter for free. Hours for the month of January are: Fridays – 10 AM – 4 PM, Saturdays – 10 AM – 5 PM, Sundays – Noon – 5 PM. The Construction Zone is located in the Atrium at Port Discovery Children’s Museum (directly next door to the main Museum).